Danny Dyer 'struggling' to keep it clean on EastEnders set

EastEnders newcomer Danny Dyer has admitted he is struggling to keep his language clean on set.

The hardman actor, who made his debut in the soap on Christmas Day as Queen Vic landlord Mick Carter, said it had been tough but he was doing his best to avoid swearing.

“I’ve got to watch what I say and all that. I’m doing really well at the moment," Danny told the Mirror.

“It has only been two months but it is a struggle, I ain’t gonna lie. I’ve always been real and true to myself and I think people respect that, but I totally get that I’m on a family show so I got to act family f***ing friendly.”

The 36-year-old also said that getting the chance to star in the show was a 'dream come true' - and that he was not bothered by his tendency to divide audiences.

”I know I’ve got a persona and a bit of baggage that comes with the name Danny Dyer. I’m either a legend or a joke.

"But at the end of the day I’m just an actor and either you buzz off what I do or you despise it. At least I’m raising some sort of debate.”

Comments

Popular Posts