Wadia: I would return to EastEnders

Nina Wadia has revealed she would love to return to EastEnders if bosses asked her.

The 44-year-old actress left the BBC One soap in February this year after over five years playing Zainab Masood and revealed to the Daily Star that at the time she actually asked to be killed off.

Nina confessed: "I miss EastEnders a lot, but after doing it for five-and-a-half years it was time for me to go back to comedy and have a bit of a change.

"But if they asked me I would love to go back. I asked to be killed off, because I wanted a big story end.

"But they didn't want to kill the character, which was much loved by the audience. They didn't want me to go."

She continued: "I love that show and it did a lot to my career. I will always be thankful to EastEnders and if they asked me to, I would absolutely go back for a bit."

Zainab left Albert Square with her young son Kamil to go and live in Pakistan after the break up of her marriage to Masood.

But Nina said she was pleased to have left the soap as it had allowed her to spend more time with her two young children, Aidan and Tia.

She said: "My life hugely changed since I've left. First I felt that I have got my life back a little bit, because EastEnders has a very gruelling schedule; it's very hard especially with kids.

"I've never had a whole summer off before because of EastEnders, and now I had the whole summer with my kids. I can see a huge difference in terms of being around them.

"It's so hard for women to balance their work and their home life, particularly in this business. Finding a work-life balance is really important for me, and that's all I ask for the new year."
 

Comments

Popular Posts