Hammond admits EastEnders nerves

EastEnders newcomer Lisa Hammond has admitted her first time in the Queen Vic was a nerve-wracking experience.

The actress who has had roles in shows including Bleak House and Psychoville plays feisty market stall trader Donna Yates in Albert Square, who clashes with Kat Moon and Bianca Jackson on the market.

Lisa told Inside Soap magazine: "My first time in the Queen Vic was a big moment. There's something about the Vic set that makes you feel like you're not really acting, and then it dawns on you that what you're saying will be seen by millions of people!"

She added: "My first scene was Donna looking at all the stalls on Bridge Street market, before going on to encounter Kat and Bianca.

"As I got closer, I remember feeling nervous, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be."

The former Grange Hill star has been acting since she was 13, but admitted she still felt the pressure joining the famous soap.

She said: "It was hard to launch into being such a fiery character.

"Once I settled in I thought, 'This is fun, people will hate me!'

"Initially, Donna is very opinionated. But there is a humorous side to her. I don't want her to just be a hard-faced cow. There needs to be a glint in her eye, tinged with a bit of sarcasm as well."
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts