Ben Hardy on Lucy murder: ‘Some scenes have been censored’

EastEnders’ young star Ben Hardy has revealed the lengths EastEnders are going to in order to keep the identity of Lucy Beale's killer a secret.

The 23-year-old actor, who has become something of a heartthrob since joining EastEnders last June, is at the centre of one of the soap’s biggest storylines, as the twin brother of Lucy, who was found murdered last month.

The plot is set to run for months and the killer's identity won’t be revealed until next year.

“I don't know who it [the culprit] is - none of the actors do, as far I know,” Ben said. “There’s a big veil of secrecy and some censored scenes that I haven’t been able to read.”

But he knows his on-screen father Ian, played by Adam Woodyatt, is hiding something: “I don't know what it is and Adam won’t tell me - as much as I ask him!”

On being a sex symbol, Ben said: “I don’t see Peter as a sexy character. I think he’s more cute, a nice boy, whereas sexy means bad boy.”

He said that attention had “not made me think ‘I’m so good-looking’,”, adding: “I know people from school who are as equally good or better looking, and I know if they were in the show, they’d have all that [adulation] as well.”

Comments

Popular Posts